Search for a Recipe

Monday 17 June 2013

Herb-Stuffed Zucchini

This is so simple to whip together, and tastes absolutely wonderful!  I was inspired by a Food Network Magazine recipe to easily convert their idea into a gluten-free version.  They called for parsley and dill, but I went with some tasty herbs I had growing outside.  I'd say go with whatever kinds you're in the mood for that day. If you use rosemary, just use very little since it's strong.  Even my 2 year old enjoyed it! Enjoy!
Ready to pop in the oven!

Gluten-Free Herb-Stuffed Zucchini
Serves 2 (as a meal) or 4 (as side dish)
Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
Split 2 medium zucchini length-wise and scoop out the seeds. Place on foil-lined pan.



Mix together the following:
1/3 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
1 small tomato, diced OR handful of grape tomatoes, diced
1-2 Tbsp mix of fresh herbs, minced (I used fresh chives, thyme and a little rosemary from my herb garden)
1-2 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper


Spoon into the zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with extra salt and pepper.


Bake 25-30 minutes.  Zucchini should be tender and filling will be nice and crispy.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment