Search for a Recipe

Friday 13 June 2014

Chocolate Fudge Sauce

This is one of my favorite sauces when I want something ultra rich and chocolaty.  This fudge sauce thickens as it cools and stores well in the refrigerator for a few weeks. We've been known to take a spoonful from the refrigerator and it tastes like a soft fudge. It reheats nicely, too!  My favorite way to eat it is over my best chocolate cake/brownies ever recipe.  In fact, I freeze the brownies in small squares (they're very rich), and pop the sauce in the refrigerator, and put both in the microwave to reheat briefly and it tastes fabulous! I also discovered recently at a cooking class/demo I was giving (where I discovered I had no small frying pan or saucepan) that you can make it in the microwave within minutes! Yay!  Enjoy!


Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Stovetop and Microwave methods are below. 

Stovetop:
In a small saucepan or frying pan heat until sugar crystals are dissolved and mixture is on the cusp of bubbling:
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup whipping cream

Remove from heat and add:
100g/3.5oz high quality dark chocolate (over 70%)

Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving, stirring once or twice.  This sauce thickens as it cools. Enjoy!

Microwave:
In a medium sized microwave bowl heat in 30-60 second increments until sugar crystals are dissolved, stirring between heatings:
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar 
3/4 cup whipping cream

Mix in thoroughly:
100g/3.5oz high quality dark chocolate (over 70%)

Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving, stirring once or twice.  This sauce thickens as it cools. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment