Search for a Recipe

Monday 19 January 2015

Strawberry Frosting!!!

Thank you, Debbie, for pointing out I needed to post this! :)
I really love using marshmallow fluff in my frostings - I find it adds a lightness and delicious taste to them, including this strawberry frosting.  I used a high quality jam with lovely chunks of strawberry in it, so there were bits of strawberry throughout the frosting.  I found it created a fresh strawberry taste that wasn't overwhelming.  I even filled some lemon cupcakes with strawberry frosting, then froze them for a week before removing and topping with fresh strawberry frosting, and the center filling held up perfectly! Still absolutely delicious.  Those were my Strawberry-Lemon Cupcakes. Enjoy!

Strawberry frosting topped cupcakes, dipped in coarse sugar just after being frosted for a fancy, finished look. Yum!

Strawberry Frosting!!!
Makes enough to frost ~12 cupcakes.  You can easily double, triple, quadruple this recipe.

Beat the following in a mixer for ~2 minutes, until light and fluffy and evenly whipped (start slowly and build up speed to avoid powdered sugar exploding):
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp milk (lactose-free works great)
3 Tbsp good quality strawberry jam (not jelly)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup marshmallow fluff

Spread with a knife, pipe onto cupcakes, or use to fill cupcakes/cake.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment