Search for a Recipe

Saturday 5 July 2014

Easy & Delicious Gluten-Free Focaccia Bread

This tasty focaccia bread is so easy to whip up.  You can use it as a side-dish, or slice/pull it apart to use it as tasty sandwich bread.  My 3 year old loves helping me make this because I let her brush the dough with olive oil, and she gets to help sprinkle on the toppings, too.

We used it here for breadsticks.  I cut these in half again to make the a bit shorter, and they were great dipped in spaghetti sauce.
An easy sandwich whipped together on focaccia bread. Yum!

Focaccia Bread
based on a recipe from the only GF cookbook I'd recommend, "Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking"
Makes 1 large cookie-sheet sized focaccia

Preheat oven to 400F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Butter edges and anywhere the parchment paper might not cover.

In a mixer, combine the following dry ingredients:
3 cups Kristin's Gluten-Free Flour Mix
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp quick-rise yeast
2 Tbsp sugar

Add in, mix slowly, then increase speed to medium. Beat 2-3 minutes:
2 cups warm water
2 eggs
4 Tbsp olive oil

Spread in prepared baking pan.

Brush with 2 Tbsp olive oil.
My 3 year old brushing the focaccia with olive oil.  She loves making this bread! 

Sprinkle with:
fresh ground salt
dried oregano
dried basil

Let rise 15-20 minutes in a warm location.
The focaccia ready to bake after a 15-20 minute rise.

Bake at 400F for ~20 - 25 minutes, until nicely browned.  Remove from oven.  Let sit a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack (remove parchment paper, too).  You can cut warm or cool with a bread knife.  

Fresh out of the oven. 
Cut into strips for breadsticks OR cut into squares to use for sandwiches.  Enjoy! 

5 comments:

  1. Where does one find Kristin's Gluten-Free Flour Mix? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I meant to include the link - it's fixed. I have a list of flours that I mix together to make my own flour mix for many of the recipes.

      Delete
  2. Hi!

    Your blog caught my attention thanks to the quality of your recipes. From myTaste.com, one of the biggest recipe search engines in USA and in the world, we would like to invite you to add your blog to our site and make your recipes available to lots of people.

    This is one way to share your recipes to the world and it can also help you increase your blog traffic.

    To join Mytaste.com, just go to: http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    Sincerely,
    Mytaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I love all your recipes and use your gf flour mix for everything, I am playing favourites with this one. I make it regularly and absolutely love it. Thank you for the great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm glad you enjoy the recipes! :)

      Delete